This is mostly for me to remember how shitty I was the first time I tried writing serious fan fic (this would be about... 2 years ago, I think).
Flist, feel free to ignore, it's mostly so I can get rid of the file in ff.net and close down that account.
Also, because I needed to see how bad I could fail while trying to write some srsbzns Bones!fic, clearly
Name: The Hollow Men
Rating: PG-13? IDk, not really that bad...
Notes: Season 2 of Supernatural, Poem "The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot
Summary: War makes men hollow, carves out their souls and pours bitterness and sorrow back in. This is the tale of the Winchesters in the War to Come, and those that fought with them against the Demon.
( This is the way the world ends... )
01. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Learned to drive. Passed driving test :). Sorta fell in love. Fell back out. Quit.
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Deffo didn't keep my resolution to quit coke/pepsi. Oh caffine, thou cruel mistress...
03. Did someone close to you give birth?
04. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank God, not this year.
05. What countries did you visit?
06. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Love. Willpower. Serenity. Happiness. 3.9 GPA... :)
07. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Sitting in a car, late in August. Thirty seconds that seem like nothing and forever at the same time. Feeling giddy in silence, the warm summer air pressing against me. Why? First time I let myself really think 'I like this boy' and having him reciprocate
08. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
The sheer ammount of money I managed to make working myself to death this summer.
09. What was your biggest failure(s)?
Dissapointing myself, and being too big of a coward to admit it to anyone but my teddy bear.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I'm plagued by fevers and colds like no one's business.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hum. Have to say, my education. I payed for a lot of it this year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm not sure... It's a toss up between my big three.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My birthday, which was made of win
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder. I've realised how short I come from who and what I want to be.
ii. thinner or fatter? Suprisingly, thinner. Which means that I was really, REALLY sad last year.
iii. richer or poorer? Ha. Heee. I have money in my bank account, but I spent WAY too much. Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinating. Lying. Hiding.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With the Parental Units, accompanied by a shindig with mes amis.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one-night stands?
None. Vestal virgin 19 years running! BOO-YA
24. What was your favorite TV program?
So You Think You Can Dance. Both of them.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone, but im dissapointed in some people. Kinda felt that way last year too, though...
26. What was the best book you read?
Re-read 'The Meditations of Linus'
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. Favorite film of this year?
Wall-E. ROBOTS in LOVE in SPACE. Made of win.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to Red Lobster, drank l'alcool and ate biscuits. 19 BABY.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Least Effort in shades of Black.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Um. Barack Obama. Even though I disacree with his politics.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Tie between American Election, and the suprising backbone of the Opposition Coalition (yo, that shit RHYMES!)
37. Who do you miss?
The Me from highschool. But with better hair. And legality.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Frankie, she fickles my tancy.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Sleeping's for babies, and True Love's for shitty romantic comedies. Two things.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Time dances whirling past
I gaze through the looking glass
And feel just beyond my grasp is heaven
Where movement is poetry
Visions of you and me forever
'Dark Waltz' - Hayley Westerna